photo Bloglovin_zpsec009169.png  photo Twitter_zps746db242.png  photo Instagram_zps529e528b.png  photo Pinterest_zps16698b9b.png

Animal Testing Exposed - MARS

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that I'm working on a feature about ethical pet food, my research is well underway however, I have decided to break the animal tested brands into smaller groups... Mars, who are most commonly known for their confectionery also offer 10 pet-food brands. In my opinion, it's hypocritical to promote animal welfare, whilst using animals to conduct cruel experiments. Overall, my feature will look at both the ethics of the brands & the content of the food.

Mars, Incorporated Research Involving Animals

"...In the development of our snackfood and human food and drink products, as well as our products for dogs, cats, birds and horses, we do not undertake, support or sponsor research that harms animals..."

HOWEVER...

"...These businesses conduct limited animal research to show that the products and ingredients are safe and effective or when necessary considering legal and regulatory requirements..."

"...We only conduct such animal research when non-animal alternatives are not feasible. The Symbioscience research involves rats and mice and the work at Mars Fishcare involves small fish and aquatic species..."

MARS PET FOOD  
MARS CHOCOLATE
MARS FOOD
MARS CONFECTIONARY
MARS DRINKS
 

It's pretty shocking just how many brands are owned by MARS... 
Who would have thought there was so much cruelty behind a chocolate bar?

If you're interested in reading a bit more into MARS & their use of animals, this is an interesting read: www.marscandykills.com

What are your thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. Wow I am really really surprised to see Seeds of Change is under the Mars brand as this is organic and I buy this every now and then - thats awful - thanks so much for highlighting it

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats so shocking !! i never knew most of these products where owned by mars
    thanks for posting hun !
    Melissa x
    theinkedblonde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I didn't realise how many brands were owned by Mars. This is pretty shocking isn't it? Good luck with the rest of your research :)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper | An Undomestic Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, some animal research is crucial to make sure what we consume is safe for us. Of course I'm talking primarily about medicines. I'd be interested to know what kind of experiment they are conducting here. Did you find about that?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog & taking the time to comment!

Be sure to leave your link(s) so I can check out your blog(s)

You can also, follow me on twitter @pixee_pea